Monday, January 11, 2010

Sanctuary in my home

I follow a blog, Home Sanctuary, that is currently working on developing a home maintenance plan and routine, step-by-step.  Today was the first day.  I made up a list of things I need to do in order to maintain a welcoming home.  Now I need to assign a frequency to each task - daily, once a week, every other week, once a month, and not gonna happen are recommended frequencies (lol).  I'm adding twice a week and every 2 to 3 months.

Here's my list:

Everyday
Vacuum Living and Dining Rooms
Sweep Kitchen
Pick Up
Make Beds
Laundry – 1 Load a Day
Get Ready For the Next Day
Dishes
Wipe Kitchen Counters
Bathroom Sinks
Dining Table

Twice a Week
Dust
Stovetop
Microwave
Dining Chairs
Take Out Trash/Recycling
File/Shred Paperwork
Groceries

Once a Week
Vacuum Bedrooms and Bathmats
Mop
Tidy Porches
Change Sheets
Fronts of Kitchen Appliances (Top of Fridge)
Kitchen Cabinets
Scrub Kitchen Sink
Water Plants
Clean Out Couch
Wipe Down Trash Cans
Cut/Organize Coupons
Toilets
Bathtubs
Vanity
Office Desk
Wipe Down Washer/Dryer
Yard Work
Menu Plan
Review Budget
Business Calls

Every Other Week
Windows/Windowsills

Once a Month
Baseboards
Wipe Down Walls/Doors
Clean Vents
Ceiling Fans
Change Air Filter
Purge
Pick Up Prescriptions

Every 2 to 3 Months
Change Oil in Car
Straighten Closets/Cabinets – front, bed, bath

No comments:

Post a Comment