Thursday, April 15, 2010

Rapture Ready?

I am doing an Isaiah study on Wednesday mornings and a Revelation study on Wednesday nights.  Both are precepts (and I'm not keeping up with both, but I'm learning a LOT).  In the Isaiah study, we were talking about what is said about the last days ("in that day").  It was brought up that one of the ladies at church has her house "rapture ready."  She has a framed sign in her living room that says "If we aren't here," followed by instructions for becoming a believer.

I thought, "Wow!  That's a great concept!"  We don't know if we are in the very last days, but we can always be prepared.  Think about it.  Our homes could very well become refuges in that troublesome time.  Our homes could be a haven for some in a frightening world.  How great would it be if our homes could be a witness after we are gone?  I love it!

So, what do we do to make our homes "rapture ready?"  I think it starts with having Bibles available.  Maybe even a handwritten note in each Bible with key verses.  What else?

3 comments:

  1. Not sure. I never thought about my house being rapture ready. Sounds like you might be doing a Beth Moore study. Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting concept. It's a new way to look at your home right now, that's for sure. Asking myself if my home shares my witness and how are great questions. Food for thought...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not currently in a Beth Moore study (love her studies!).

    Very much food for thought.

    ReplyDelete