Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My Peach Tree...No Burning Bush, but....

My peach tree is no burning bush, but I sense God's message all the same.  Granted, it's not an audible voice, but it is a gentle tug on my heart.

Here is my peach tree:


It's not what you expected is it?  When we moved into our house 6 years ago, it was a proper tree, all upright and proud.  Then a few years ago, a spring storm blew through and I woke up to this:



This portion of the tree was on the ground.  The other half was still standing tall.  I was sure that it was dead.  It had been battered and beaten by that storm.  I noticed a couple of weeks after the storm that the leaves were all still green...and it was producing fruit!  How odd and cool!  And it's been that way since.  It has changed because of the past storm, but it was now thriving.

Then, this spring, another storm blew through and this happened:


I wondered if that would be the end of my tree.  Well, it wasn't.  Two months later and it still has its fruit growing and ripening.



The lessons I've learned:
  • Battered and bruised by this world, we can still produce fruit.
  • God is in control.  Even when we are at our lowest, He can bring forth fruit.
  • When we stand proud, we will be humbled.
  • God can take the most unfortunate circumstances and make it a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment