Happy Friday! Grab a cup of your favorite drink and let's visit!
I love spring. Everything is waking up. It feels like coming out of a fog. I especially love the bluebonnets on the sides of the roads around here.
What I don't love are weeds. My yard is FULL of weeds. I mean there truly isn't any grass; it's all weeds. The worst are the sandburs. We call them stickers around here. And they are everywhere in my yard! My yard is about 3300 square feet of weeds.
I want my boys to be able to play outside. Can't do that with a yard FULL of stickers. It's too painful. So, I started to mow last week and noticed that there were a bunch of purple flowered weeds (among the blue-flowered weeds and yellow-flowered weeds). I figured out that they were the sandburs. I got around the yard one time with the mower and decided that it would be better to pull the weeds. So, I began.
Let's just say that there are several sermons in pulling weeds. Here is how God has been speaking to me:
- Weeds must be dug out by the root or they will come back. Sounds like how we need to deal with sin in our lives.
- It can feel overwhelming when finding a place to start. Just start.
- The more you conquer, the more you want to conquer.
- Sometimes, we need rest.
- Weeds that come back were never really pulled in the first place, now were they?!
- Pulling weeds can leave raw land - that's just ripe for green grass!
- The longer you stay out, the more bare ground you expose; but the exposure is worth it to have a healthy yard.
- You also expose yourself to the elements (think birds flying overhead). But even that's not a deterrent!
We have a wedding to attend out of town this weekend. I'm feeling very overwhelmed with what we need to accomplish in the next week. It seems like everything is happening at once. I have to guard against worry. That's the demon I'm fighting right now. It's in His hands. When I give up the worry, it's amazing how He works : ). I just need to get out of the way.
Kindergarten registration is Thursday. My younger son is going to kindergarten! I'm excited and a little anxious. I hope he's ready. He's an August baby and was a little behind on speech development. Worst case, he's not ready and we move to a different plan. I think it will be good for him, though.
Well, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Check out this video...it will bless your heart.